Friday 4 May 2007

I have a Blog

I've been thinking about creating a blog for a long time but just never seemed to find the time. Or when I did have the time I didn't think to create a blog.
So, now I have a blog. I have to admit I pinched the name that Whiz gave me on The Wagon. It seemed to fit and I like it.
This week has been really busy. I finished dyeing up the 10 new colours ready for release at the TNNA Market in Columbus in June and packed and shipped nearly 60 orders from the Needlework Show. Toni my chief winding lady has been and collected all the new silkies and labels and it is over to her and her crew to have them back to me on time. This new release will bring the number of Dinky-Dyes silks to 136 dyed colours and our natural silk makes 137 lovely silkies on the market.
Janie has sent me our new Collaborative Design that I am going to be teaching at TNNA. It is stunning as usual. This is going to be a class piece for stores to teach their customers so I hope they all like it as much as I do. Here is a sneak peak for you all.
It is called Summer Breeze and has a specially dyed silk of the same name. The class pack contains a comprehensive chart with full colour photos and instructions, the skein of silk and 2 pearl buttons.
After all the extra hours I've put in during the last 2 or 3 weeks, I'm looking forward to leaving everything behind tomorrow while I head off to Maui for a week. I'm going with 3 of my friends Fran, Lisha and Anita and 2 other ladies who are Lisha's friends that I haven't yet met.
There is going to be some work with a visit with Keri from Keri Designs http://www.keridesigns.com/ and her local stitching group and a visit to a needlework shop. I met Keri at the Houston Quilt Market a few years back and I just love her work and it will be great to catch up with her again.
The rest of the time in Maui, I plan on chillin out and taking it easy. I'll make sure I take some photos to post.
Later Gater

1 comment:

WhizGidget said...

It's a great name for a blog - if I do say so myself ;)

Welcome to the ranks...