Friday 15 June 2007

Another week bites the dust


Honestly, I don't know where the weeks go. When I was younger the weeks seemed to drag by and now I wonder if I've missed a few days somewhere. I have been busy packing orders and planning out what I'm going to be doing in the coming months.

One thing I can't wait to try is dyeing some yarn. I did dye some up last year but being at Columbus market and seeing all that lovely hand dyed yarn has me inspired. I found a wholesaler who have a wonderful range of undyed yarns so I will be placing an order as soon as I get time to work out what I want.

This is a photo of some of the yarn I dyed last year and the scarf I knitted with one ball of yarn. I have plans for some lovely bright colours in sock yarn and ... well, lets just wait and see what eventuates.

I have ideas for a few more designs and I'd really like to start working on them now, but... I'm still packing orders! Next week I need to dye top up stock so maybe after that I'll be able to start getting these ideas down on paper.

Dinky-Dyes will be closed from June 29 to July 8. Ian and I are going to Virginia Beach for the wedding of the son of one our friends. I managed to get a time share exchange and we are going to spend the following week in Williamsburg, VA. Ian's birthday is July 1 so it will be wonderful for him to have a week off work and what a great place to celebrate 4th of July.

I received a cute photo this week. There is a group of stitchers who usually go to Nashville CATS. Since there was no CATS in Nashville this year they organised a GT at one of the ladies home. I don't want to use names, because I didn't ask permission to do so but the hostess e-mailed me and told me how much fun they had at CATS with my OOPS packs. She said they would take them to the stitching lounge and tip them all out then play and trade. She asked if she could buy some OOPS packs to share with the ladies going to the GT.

Well, I just happened to have a few packs floating around that I sent off to the hostess and this week I received a lovely e-mail and two photos.

The OOPS packs were appreciated and as you can see the tradition of tipping all packs out and sharing continues. The kitty represents one friend who couldn't make it at the last minute. They didn't want her to miss out on the fun.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

While you are in Williamsburg, be sure to check out Haus Tirol, the Stitching Well - it's in the Village Shops @ Kingsmill, on Rt. 60 - a WONDERFUL place!

The Dyer said...

Thanks Suzanne. I'll make a note to do that.