Wednesday 7 May 2008

I'm Back!


It's been so long since I've posted to my blog. I have intended to do so but I've been so incredibly busy, I just haven't managed to get it done.

So, where have I been in the past 4 months? Working mostly.

The lead up to Nashville market in February is always so busy and then after there are orders that need shipping, threads that need dyeing and there are just not enough hours in the day.

I also have a new grand daughter, Taylor Leigh Fisher who was born on February 6th and my daughter, Jaime, was married on March 19th. We were back home in Australia for just over 3 weeks and I had plenty to do to catch up after I returned.



Over the past few months I have also re-structured my business and Toni, who has been working for me for about 2 years, now comes in more often,which has freed up more of my time. I still do all the dyeing and administrative work and Toni packs orders and handles the inventory control and organises the work for the other 4 ladies who work for me.

All in all, it is working out well and I've even had time to read the odd book on weekends instead of working 7 days a week.

At the moment we are preparing for the TNNA trade show in Columbus OH, which is the first week in June. I'll be releasing new silks and designs at this show and so we are busy with our normal day to day work as well as preparing all the new stock for release.

I'll post updates as we progress with our preparations but I can tell you I have a new Celtic design and new quilt block to release, Janie will have new designs as will Judith and Janie and I will collaborate to release the 4th seasonal biscornu... Autumn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you found some time to update your blog! i knew while you were in australia you wouldn't have time.

and i know you've been busy, busy, busy! so glad to see your back!

can't wait to hear how you'll do in columbus!
joann

Stitchingranny said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new Grandaughter - she is lovely.