Wednesday 4 July 2007

Happy 4th to my US friends


We are having a great time relaxing and looking around this beautiful area of Virginia. I LOVE,LOVE, LOVE all the trees! They are magnificent!

We are staying in a beautiful time share resort in Williamsburg and I think this would have to be the nicest, cleanest and best appointed time share place we have ever stayed. It is Fairfield Kingsgate in case anyone is interested.

I am sitting in the rec centre at the moment using the free wifi. We can get dial up in our rooms but this is much more social and quicker.

We have had quite a week until now. As I mentioned in previous writings, we originally came to Virginia to go to a wedding last Saturday. Well, due to the storms and total chaos at Atlanta airport where we needed to connect to Newport News, we were totally delayed on Friday night and didn't get to the wedding Saturday morning. I was furious, frustrated and have decided I never want to go near Atlanta airport again but unfortunately we need to connect through there again on our return flight. All I can say, is thank goodness for the Delta Club and Continental Presidents club's free drinks and food that made the whole saga a touch (only a touch) more acceptable.

We checked in here Saturday afternoon and slept in late on Sunday t catch up on some of the sleep we missed Friday night. Monday we spent the day at Colonial Williamsburg which is a totally amazing place. It is like a step back in time and we both thoroughly enjoyed our time there. I was checking out the various pieces of stitching in some of the exhibits and the skeins of yarn and threads. All I can say is I'm glad I don't need to stitch with any of it.

Yesterday we went to Busch Gardens Europe amusement park. It has been voted the most beautiful amusement park in the world for several years and you can certainly see why when you get there. This is another great place and since neither DH or I like riding the roller coasters we stuck to riding the train around the grounds and then wandered through the various 'countries'. We listened to a band and singers and ate wonderful food in the Piazza in 'Italy' and saw and pantomime and then the amazing Irish dancers and singers in 'Ireland'. I do have to say we enjoyed seeing the number and variety of roller coasters and watching everyone screaming their lungs out on the 'Griffin' was very entertaining.

I do have some photos but they are on the camera back in our suite so I will have to add them some other time.

No comments: